Plant Based Peanut Butter Cups
- 1 Mini Muffin Pan
- 16 Mini Cupcake Liners
- 1 Microwave Safe 2 Cup Measuring cup
- 1 Small Mixing Bowl
- 1 -10 oz bag Chocolate Chips, vegan (I use Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips)
- 6 TBSP Peanut Butter (May substitute any other nut butter here)
- 2 TBSP Maple Syrup
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- Line your mini muffin pan with the paper cupcake liners.
- In a 2 cup microwave safe measuring cup, add your chocolate chips. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove from the microwave and stir well. If not all of the chocolate chips are melted, return the measuring cup to the microwave and heat on high in 30 second increments until all of the chocolate chips are melted.
- Pour 1 teaspoon of the melted chocolate into the bottom of each cupcake liner. Gently tap the muffin pan on the counter to even out the chocolate. Place in the refrigerator for 5 minutes or until the chocolate sets.
- While your chocolate is cooling, you can make the filling.In the small mixing bowl, add the nut butter, maple syrup and vanilla. Stir until well combined. This mixture will become more stiff as it is mixed and then sits. it becomes somewhat of a "dough" consistency.
- Remove your chocolate cups from the refrigerator. Scoop out about 1 teaspoon of filling into your hands. ( I find that dipping my fingers in water helps to keep the dough from sticking to your hands). Form a disc large enough to cover the base chocolate.
- When all of the cups have filling, take another teaspoon of melted chocolate and pour it over the top. Gently tap the muffin pan on the counter to even out the chocolate topping.
- Refrigerate at least an hour to set. Enjoy!
Candy you can feel good about sharing with your family! Vegan chocolate chips, peanut butter (or any nut butter!), maple syrup and vanilla! Ingredients you can pronounce and no other additives! Double your batch because this recipe is freezer friendly!