Sweet Potato Mash with Maple Syrup
- Medium Baking Sheet
- Parchment paper or Silicone Baking Mat
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Small Casserole Dish
- 3 Large Sweet Potatoes
- 6 TBSP Maple Syrup
- ¼ C Pecans, chopped
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper, (optional)
Sweet Potato Baking Instructions
- Preheat oven to 425 °F
- Wash and dry the sweet potatoes. Place them on the parchment lined baking sheet. Poke at least 3 holes in each potato with a knife or fork.
- Place the baking sheet on the middle rack of the oven. Bake for 30-40 minutes. The potatoes are done when you can easily insert and remove a fork. Cool until the potatoes can be handled safely.
Sweet Potato Mash Instructions
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into chunks. Add to the medium mixing bowl. Using a potato masher or a fork, mash the potatoes until they are the consistency that you prefer.
- Add the maple syrup and pepper. Mix well. Taste and adjust seasonings. If your potatoes are a bit dry, you can add a little plant based milk (1 TBSP at a time).
- Place the sweet potato mash in the casserole dish.
- Top with a drizzle of maple syrup and the pecans. (Pecans are optional).
Sweet Potato Mash Reheating Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 °F
- Place the sweet potato mash in the oven and heat for about 1/2 hour. Check to make sure the mash is heated all the way through.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
A healthier oil free and refined sugar free version of the traditional sweet potato side dish for your holiday meal. This dish can be made ahead and refrigerated for a few days! This recipe can also be used at any time and is especially delicious as a topping on your morning oats!